LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with DAQ property nodes

Solved!
Go to solution

Can someone pleae tell me how to change the property types for a DAQ property node, I have wired my DAQ reference to the property node, selected the class type Channel, but how do you select which property to use with the Channel node? I don't see any dropdown lists of properties or anything. Any clues on this on how to get the options for the node?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,624 Views)

Could someone please let me know how to change the properties of the property node. I included an example where I need to add some more properties to the trigger node. Usually when you right click on the node you can select the various properties for property node when it has the reference wired to it. It's not the case with the DAQmx property nodes for some reason. Can anyone help with this...

For example, I need to add Pause.TrigType to the property node. Where the heck do you find it...

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,609 Views)

If you right click, it is under Select Property.

But easier yet is to just left click on the property and it will give you a drop down of the properties you can select.  One less click!

You have to drill down through More >> Pause >>  to get to Trigger Type.

Message 3 of 8
(2,604 Views)

Yeah, When I right click and say select properties, it just says No Properties and it's greyed out. The same is true when left click on it as well. Try it on the trigger property node in the example I provided and see what you get because it does not work for me. There's got to be something I'm doing wrong with the DAQ property nodes. It should just work.

Let me know.

Tnx.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,598 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author QRP

Very odd.  I'd suspect something wrong with your DAQmx installation and try to reinstall or repair the DAQ drivers.

Has it ever worked on this PC?  Do you have another PC to try it on?  I was able to select the property within your VI on my PC.

I've attached your VI with that property node selected and a constant wired to it.

Message 5 of 8
(2,592 Views)

Yep, that's exactly what is wrong. I logged into our test station computer that has Labview and it works fine there. Is there a way to repair this problem without the install disks? Do you think?

Tnx...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,588 Views)

You could download the drivers from NI's website.

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3811/lang/en

Note that it is about 1.5 GB, so it may take awhile to download.

Message 7 of 8
(2,584 Views)

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,580 Views)