LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Continuous acquisition and logging project template

@JÞB wrote:

Hey,  If it was easy we wouldn't earn all the money they pay us to learn this stuff.

I'm pleased to see you working through it though!

Yeah, I never thought I would have the time for it, but I fixed the most glaring bugs in the program the contractor left us,(But it still contains over 300 local variables!) and we are running with that as we need to get the project started.
I won't get any time on the instrument for a couple months. By then I hope to have something that is ready to run using this architecture.
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(705 Views)

Looks like I'm having the same issue with data types. What did you end up doing?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(680 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

Curse them for not making this a typedef!

Take a look at the Acquired Data.ctl in the Type Definitions folder in the project explorer. I think that is the typedef that you were looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(672 Views)

I really have not has the time to get back on this.

But last I remember I was going to modify the sub-vi's for the instrument to fit this design pattern.

That is make them output a graph cluster or whatever the heck it needs to run.

Everything is just so intertwined in this template that if you are not doing continuous DAQ acquisition using NI DAQ hardware exactly like NI intended you to do, it's going to be a huge amount of work.

I am again beginning to wonder if it's worth it beyond a learning experience, as the code we have may be a pile of steaming turds, but it does exactly what we want it to do. I will probably just clean up the current code clustering all the local variables, typedef the enums constants controlling the state machine and fixing some of the convoluted logic that is going on.

I don't even think a producer-consumer is even a good fit for this project. As we want the instrument to continuously monitor the test conditions and change test modes when necessary but only record the data at one minute intervals.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(667 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

But last I remember I was going to modify the sub-vi's for the instrument to fit this design pattern.

That is make them output a graph cluster or whatever the heck it needs to run.

In case you do decide to switch to this design pattern, I'm pretty sure you need only modify the Acquired Data.ctl in the Type Definitions folder in the project explorer.

Message 15 of 15
(660 Views)