LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to cread a popup decision making (human selection)

Hello,

Could someone help me get an idea of how I can do an PopUp's questionnaire  with checkbox, which returns a number referring to the selections (check idea attached)?
I thought about using the tree form (tree2_edited.vi), but I really need to include more information in the decision making and put more information into popups.

20180817_155740.png20180817_155818.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,138 Views)

You can have a subvi function like a user interface prompt.  Set it to show front panel when called.

Use a string indicator to display the question.  Have the answer be chosen via radio button (assuming a multiple choice type question).

Have a while loop within the subvi to keep it active, stop condition based on user interaction.

Brute force method can be 1 subvi per question.  Call one based on the previous answer (case statement).  If there are always 4 options for the answer, you can instead have a single subvi where you use the subvi inputs to set the question and possible answers.

There are many ways to achieve this type of thing.  the suggested above is probably on of the easiest for beginners to try/test.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,126 Views)

A series of listboxes that are populated or filtered based on the answer from the previous listbox, like what you might see on a website such as Digikey.

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/resistors/chassis-mount-resistors/54?k=Safety%20Resistors

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,122 Views)

Thank you proland1121 and aputman i will consider this and try something.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,076 Views)