LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed in drivers of dso7450a setting mode= auto

Hello

I need help regarding the setting of option mode=auto in menu of mode coupling button of Agilent DSO 7450A & Quick Measure button how to use these two options  can any one help me out .

Thanks in advance

Ali 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,085 Views)

Dear Ali,

Would you please descibe your issue a bit more clearly? 

It seems like your question is completely about your Agilent device. 

Do you have any NI hardware or software that you need help with? 

Sincerely,

Sammy Z.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,065 Views)

Hello Sammy

Thanks for your reply yes I am talking about specific device, I downloaded drivers from NI, drivers used for this oscilloscope is of 6000 series actually in oscilloscope there is one option of Mode which I want to select Auto default it is selected as Normal.

on front panel its under the trigger the button name is Mode/Coupling and here this option can be found I couldn't find the option I am going to attach the drivers if you or anyone else can help me out to change this option, the other one is of quick Meas under the Mess.

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,057 Views)

Dear Ali,

I opened up that zip file.  Under ag6000a.llb there are a lot of different vis.  Which one of those vis are you using?

Thanks,

Sammy Z

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,034 Views)
hi thanks you can access the drivers by pasting this folder in "instr.lib" where labview is installed, trying to find the option menu of "trigger mode and coupling menu" and set mode as auto
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,025 Views)

Dear Ali,

I went through a bunch of the vis and the sub-vis.  I didn't see the exact trigger mode and coupling menu that you were referring to.

Would you please let me know which vi, sub-vi, or example of the ag6000a menu you were looking at.

A screenshot of it would be great as well.

Thanks,

Sammy Z.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,999 Views)

I think what Ali is saying is that there is some front panel option on the scope that he cannot find a function for in the driver?

Ali,

Is that correct? If so, I'm very unclear what scope option you need in the driver. If have looked up the necessary command in the programming manual, you can modify one of the existing functions or add a new one. The great thing about NI drivers is that the source code is provided so making changes is simple.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,996 Views)

Hi Dennis Knutson

Thanks yes you are right want to access a specific menu and its option of scope actually I am not getting the command specific used to setthose settings. Can I get a list of commands on one place or any document sort of thing

thanks in advance

Ali 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,980 Views)

HI

I am attaching the screenshot for help 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,974 Views)

There is no such thing as a 7450 so I'm going to assume that you really meant 7054.

It seems that is the TRIG:SWE:(AUT | NOR) command as documented on page 464 of the programming manual. I cannot find a function that allows you to set that - perhaps because the driver was originally written for a different model. The _ag6000a Default Instrument Setup.vi does set the sweep to normal. You can easily add a function that allows you to change between auto sweep and normal sweep. When you are done, be sure to post the finished function so that others can use it.

I did not try to find the Quick Measure function but I will tell what I did to find the information about the sweep. First I looked in the operators manual for a description of the scope front panel command. Then I looked in the programming manual for the command that did what the button performed. When I found the command, I opened the VI Tree and did a text search for both 'AUT' and 'SWE'. I looked through all of the VIs that had the text and found none that implemented the command. 

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 03-28-2009 11:38 AM
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,959 Views)