cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed in adding custom About box in built application in LabVIEW 2009

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Can anyone please help me add custom About box in built application in LabVIEW 2009? I had successfully built my application in labview 8.6, 8.5 and 8.2 before to include custom About box. However, when I tried the same method in LabVIEW 2009, it only showed LabVIEW 2009 About box rather than my custom About box.

Here is what I did:

1) Wrote an "About Application.vi" in the built VI folder;

2) Included this "About Application.vi" in the "Always Included" section of Source Files in Application Build;

3) Built the application;

4) Ran the built application, the About box showed only LabVIEW 2009 about (attached a picture).

You can see that on the upper left corner of the picture, there is my custom icon.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Cathy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,608 Views)

Place a checkmark in the "Use LabVIEW 8.x File Layout" box under the Advanced Category of your Build Specification.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,575 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cathymin

Thank you Christian. To place a checkmark in the "Use LabVIEW 8.x File Layout" box did not work. I found a solution though that LabVIEW 2009 has this inherent problem of not showing custom About box, and it has f2 patch to fix this problem.

Cathy

Message 3 of 5
(2,535 Views)

Ah ok! Maybe I had this batch allready installed on the system I was testing this behaviour.

Could you please post the link to this KB here for other users.

Thanks,

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,525 Views)

Here is the link to download LabVIEW 2009 f2 patch:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/C3F88F3596A164AD86257647006FB022?OpenDocument

Thanks for the help,

Message 5 of 5
(2,510 Views)