LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me to get correct data format from instrument buffer

Hi,

I'm new in labview. I'm making a labview software to control  F900 Thermo Bridge

13 digits + CR + LF are returned in the form "+0.123456789B" + CR + LF, the first digit being
the sign, the last digit being the bridge balance status. Bridge balance status may be "B", "L" or
"H" or "E": for balanced, low, high or error (overload condition).
Data can be retrieved from the output buffer once per balance (program) cycle, which may be
two seconds or more, depending on the bandwidth setting and the signal being measured.

when i try to get data,  sometimes data format which i received is 56789E\r\n+0.1234 or .123456789E\r\n0   ...

I attached F900 user guide!

So you can give me some example to get data.

thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,651 Views)

It would help us more if you shared your code.

But the obvious issue you have is that you are not using the Termination Character.  I'm left to assume you are using a serial port here (did not read through the manual).  So enable the termination character with the VISA Configure Serial Port, get rid of any form of Bytes At Port, and just tell the VISA Read to read something like 25 bytes.  With the termination character enabled, the VISA Read will stop the read when that termination character is read or the number of bytes told is read, whichever happens first.  So what this will do is make sure you only get a single message.  The default termination character is the LF.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,636 Views)

Here my code

I follow your advise. But sometime visa read only 14 bytes like 0.123456789\r\n, missing "+" sign. And sometime visa read 0 byte and error occur.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,628 Views)