From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, how to output two complex stepwise waveform generation in AO channel for DAQ card?

Hi, I am a fresh man for Labview. I have a NI-6259 card.

I am trying to generate a stepwise waveform from -1 to +1V analog output of AO .

For ao0 channel, each step is around 0.005V, and stays for 5ms on every step, therefore there are 400 steps in 2s.

For ao1 channel, each step is also 0.005V same with ao0, but stays for a period time after ao0 completing(2s) on every step. In every step, ao1 start to next step after ao0 finish a perid, therefore there are 400 step in 800s to ao1.

It is so complex for me that I have no idea. I need help very much.
Does anybody have any idea or example for this kind of application?
Thank you in advance! 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,729 Views)
I'm interested too!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,707 Views)
Assuming LabVIEW 7 and up?

Search the examples for GENERATE or GENERATION, you can define waverforms to be sent to the analogue output card. Follow the examples they are really excellent.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,702 Views)
Thanks!
I use Labview 8.0! There are no multi-channel output examples in Labview 8.0, and I am not able to deal with two loops.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,695 Views)
It sounds like the most straightforward way would be to create two waveforms, both 800 s long. The first would have 400 cycles at 2 s each, and the second waveform would have 1 cycle at 800 s. Create an array of those waveforms and wire that array to the 1D Wfm NChan NSamp version of DAQmx Write. The two waveforms would have to have the same number of samples.  That's a bit inefficient, but I think it should work.

Message Edited by eaolson on 05-11-2006 10:40 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,692 Views)