From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help getting TDMS>Group>Channel>Values

I've tried using the TDMS Get Properties and TDMS List Contents, but I'm still stuck.  I think I have tried every combination of input: data types, channel names, and property names.  I thought maybe I needed to use the TDMS List Contents, but that only gives me the array of channel names of groups.

This is the only link I can find on TDMS Get Properties: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361E-01/glang/tdms_get_properties/

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,245 Views)

Hi LabViewer35242,

From the title of your post, it seems you want to get the values from the channel, right? If so, you need to use TDMS Read to get all the data values.

Message 2 of 5
(2,239 Views)

Still having trouble.  Something is wrong with an input or output from my TDMS Read.  I'm trying to get the timestamp values.

Reading TDMS Timestamp Property.pngTDMS File Viewer.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,227 Views)

For some reason it disconnected my "Time" input.  I think it is working now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,226 Views)

You need to wire an array of timestamp as the input of "data" terminal of TDMS Read and then wire the channel name to TDMS Read.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,205 Views)