From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for customization of graph appearence

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to have a xy graph nice enough for an article. What I did (hoping that you can understand me) is to remove the black inside the plot and the gray in the outside region with the help of the tools palette choosing the fg and the bg color as transparent.

What I would like is that to have the rectangle delimiting the plot area as black but with uniform color: I mean the y axis and the x axis are not of the same color (y axis and top axis remain darker tha x axis and right axis) because, probably, of some shadow effect. 

Is it possible to do?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,386 Views)

By mistake I pressed twice: could you delete one of my posts, please?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,382 Views)

Transparency should have worked.  Maybe I did not understand how / what you did.

Did you right click on the x y graph and select T (transparent)?  The shaded border should disappear.

I'm not sure about the legend, though..  You can hide it in within the Properties (Appearance)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,373 Views)

What I would like is to have a visible the x and y axis color black with the same color black. In the second of your images you don't have them, but I succed to have the axes by coloring them very carefully. Unfortunately what happens is that the y axis is thicker than the x axis and the plot results not good for an article.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,354 Views)

Hi guys,

maybe a different way to solve the problem is to use some property nodes to assign the right color to the things.

In our particular case:

- Frame color: gives the background color of the indicator

- Plot Area->Colors->BG Color: gives the background color of the plot.

If you set those to white, using a Color Box Constant, you'll obtain what you want.

If you want to change grid colors (set it to white if you don't want to see that thing), you can use X Scale->Grid Colors and Y Scale->Grid Colors.

Hope it's useful,

bye

FBM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,331 Views)

Sorry, maybe I didn't understand the question.

If the problem is only the axis color, if you use the invoke node export image, you'll obtain an image with white background.

You can also choose if you want to hide the grid.

Don't know if the quality of the image is good for you, but try it! 🙂

FBM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,323 Views)

Hi

You mean, you want the plot border equally black on all 4 sides?

the attached picture shows you how the graph would look when you make the plot grids as transparent and leave the border black.

however, I think, this is how it would be. all the modern and classic front panel objects have the similar behavior. the left and top border are darker in shade than the lower and the right borders.

the same thing even if you have the border for the entire graph control.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,321 Views)

Freelance_LV you understood. I would like to have the result you put in your attachment, what I get is, as you said, left and top border darker.

Could you teach me how you got that beautiful result?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,308 Views)

Is this working for you?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,291 Views)

customize the graph, replace the plot background with a standard flatbox decoration.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 10 of 18
(3,252 Views)