LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help files won't display

I have just installed LabVIEW 8.2.1 on an XP machine and the help files will not display.  I searched the knowledge base and tried the solution offered there:
  1. Go to the Windows Start menu and select run. Then type the command:
    regsvr32 <directory>

Where <directory> is the location where hhctrl.ocx is installed. This step will register the DLL with the ActiveX server.

For instance:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\hhctrl.ocx

The response indicated that it was successful but when I restarted the computer I still could not access the help files.  Is there anything else that needs to be done?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,256 Views)
Hi,

One way to verify that the dlls have been registered correctly is to use a 3rd party software like, MJs Diagnostic Utility:

http://helpware.net/downloads/index.htm#MJs

This utility checks the status of all your HTML Help Run Time DLLs and reports if all DLLs are installed correctly. Search for the dll called: hhctrl.ocx.  If its not registered, then it asks you if you want to register them. After running this utility, restart your computer and you should be able to open all files with .chm extensions and LabVIEW help should be accessible. Note that this utility is not an NI product, so use this product at your own risk. However, it has been known to correct issues like this in the past.  Note that you need to be an administrator to register dlls.  When you installed LabVIEW, were you an admin?

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,233 Views)

Nadim,

Thanks for the reply.  I found MJs Diagnostic Utility after doing some research on .chm files, ran it and if fixed things.  I was going to post a reply stating such today but just didn't get there yet.  Yes, I have admin rights. 

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,224 Views)