From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help fails: Navigation to web page canceled

Hi,

I am going backwards.  I am using LabVIEW 2009 V1.0

I get: Navigation to web page canceled when I click on any of the help contents.

I tried repairing the software but my installation was from a serve in our company to which I seem to have problems connecting.  I'll talk to the guy who set up the installation if that is the problem.

Thanks.   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,205 Views)

But LabVIEW is installed on a local drive? I get the same error on any .chm help file when it is located on a network drive. The same .chm file works fine when it's stored on a local drive.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,194 Views)
LabVIEW and all the help is installed on the local drive.  I can open the .chm files on the local drive.  I just don't know why LabVIEW itself is not pointing to the right place.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,184 Views)
We have a knowledgebase article which could possibly address your question: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D371069810158D13862570A7006CE5DE?OpenDocument . I hope changing the security settings solves the problem.
Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,153 Views)

Hi,

I read the knowledge base article.  It doesn't seem to apply to me.  My help is already on my local hard drive here:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\help

I can open any .chm files by double clicking on  them in windows explorer.  It's just that in labVIEW it doesn't work.

Any clues.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,138 Views)

What Operating System are you using?

Just a guess, did you try to run LabVIEW as Admin (when using Windows Vista or 7)?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,129 Views)

I'm using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,125 Views)
Please take a look at this knowledgebase article: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B59D2B24D624B823862575FC0056F3D0?OpenDocument . It is regarding the same error you are getting. Let me know if this solves the problem. 
Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,102 Views)

Vivek_N wrote:
Please take a look at this knowledgebase article: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B59D2B24D624B823862575FC0056F3D0?OpenDocument . It is regarding the same error you are getting. Let me know if this solves the problem. 

Hi Vivek,

As I said before I have looked at that page.  Can you tell me how I am supposed to know what the .chm it's talking about is?

As I said before I can go to Windows explorer and find plenty of LabVIEW .chm files and they all open from there without any security blocking.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,085 Views)

pgaastra wrote:

As I said before I have looked at that page.  Can you tell me how I am supposed to know what the .chm it's talking about is?

That is actually I different page than what was linked to before that you said you saw.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,078 Views)