From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help fails: Navigation to web page canceled

Sorry, it is a different page but I have seen it during the course of my searching.  I don't think that page has the answer.

When I find the lvhelp.chm and get the properties there is no message saying:  This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer. 

There is no button to unblock it.  When I double click on lvhelp.chm in Windows explorer it opens fine and all the help is available from there.  It's just that from LabVIEW itself I get the "Navigation to the webpage was canceled." mesasage.

To me this suggest that LabVIEW is not trying to open the right thing.

I will try to do a repair of LabVIEW if the person who setup our installation on the network ever gets back to me.

Thanks for your trouble.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(825 Views)
Let us know if the re-installation/repair of LabVIEW solves the problem.
Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(812 Views)

Hi,  I found the answer:

It’s because in my quick launch button for labVIEW has this for the path:

\\Rua-d-423740\c$\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\LabVIEW.exe

However, for the icon in Recent programs  or from the All Programs>National Instruments>LabVIEW 2009 button it has:

"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\LabVIEW.exe"

When I run LabVIEW from the last two,  Help works fine, but when I run it from the quick launch button, it doesn’t work.

I would says it’s when the original Help person  installed LabVIEW on my machine from the network by remotely  controlling my machine it created an erroneous shortcut.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(804 Views)

Definitely your IT person's fault.  LabVIEW installation would only create your shortcut in the Start menu.  Shortcuts on your desktop or on your quick launch bar would have come from somebody copying it there.

I myself wouldn't put a LabVIEW shortcut on the quick launch bar.  I keep it to a bare minimum of show desktop, IE, and outlook.  Even Windows likes to put a few other pieces of crap on there like media player which I always remove.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(798 Views)