LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help fails: Navigation to web page canceled

Hi,

I am going backwards.  I am using LabVIEW 2009 V1.0

I get: Navigation to web page canceled when I click on any of the help contents.

I tried repairing the software but my installation was from a serve in our company to which I seem to have problems connecting.  I'll talk to the guy who set up the installation if that is the problem.

Thanks.   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,213 Views)

But LabVIEW is installed on a local drive? I get the same error on any .chm help file when it is located on a network drive. The same .chm file works fine when it's stored on a local drive.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,202 Views)
LabVIEW and all the help is installed on the local drive.  I can open the .chm files on the local drive.  I just don't know why LabVIEW itself is not pointing to the right place.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,192 Views)
We have a knowledgebase article which could possibly address your question: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D371069810158D13862570A7006CE5DE?OpenDocument . I hope changing the security settings solves the problem.
Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,161 Views)

Hi,

I read the knowledge base article.  It doesn't seem to apply to me.  My help is already on my local hard drive here:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\help

I can open any .chm files by double clicking on  them in windows explorer.  It's just that in labVIEW it doesn't work.

Any clues.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,146 Views)

What Operating System are you using?

Just a guess, did you try to run LabVIEW as Admin (when using Windows Vista or 7)?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,137 Views)

I'm using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,133 Views)
Please take a look at this knowledgebase article: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B59D2B24D624B823862575FC0056F3D0?OpenDocument . It is regarding the same error you are getting. Let me know if this solves the problem. 
Vivek Nath
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Machine Vision
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,110 Views)

Vivek_N wrote:
Please take a look at this knowledgebase article: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B59D2B24D624B823862575FC0056F3D0?OpenDocument . It is regarding the same error you are getting. Let me know if this solves the problem. 

Hi Vivek,

As I said before I have looked at that page.  Can you tell me how I am supposed to know what the .chm it's talking about is?

As I said before I can go to Windows explorer and find plenty of LabVIEW .chm files and they all open from there without any security blocking.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,093 Views)

pgaastra wrote:

As I said before I have looked at that page.  Can you tell me how I am supposed to know what the .chm it's talking about is?

That is actually I different page than what was linked to before that you said you saw.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,086 Views)