LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help designing a simulation of a 'Tank Level Control System'

I am trying to design a simulation of a tank level control system.

That is to say that as an operator of this reservoir, you do not want the level of liquid to be outside of these limits. When you run this vi, the pumps will come on and fill the tank to the maximum level and will maintain it between the maximum and minimum values. There are two pumps, Pump 1 is the main pump. Pump 2 is used to fill the tank from empty and also when the demand for water is so great that the level is below the minimum set value. The tank level should drain to 2/3 of the amount between the maximum and minimum before the pump will come on again.

The output is made to be a random value from 0-1.

I have attempted this three times(all files attached) and every time I get stuck somewhere new. One I have so it stays within the max and minimum range, another it turn both pumps on under the minimum but turns pump two off when it goes above the minimum, and the other I just got stuck.

I am looking for some guidance on where to go with this.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(11,272 Views)

Try the attached vi. It should do what you want. The pump capacity can be changed to see how it affects the results.

Richard

Message 2 of 22
(11,257 Views)

Thank you! This works great the only thing it needs is for pump 2 to stay on until it hits the maximum once and then turns off, also if the minimum is changed to a higher value than the tank value is then it should turn on.

Message 3 of 22
(11,252 Views)

Check the attach vi to see is it what you want. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
Message 4 of 22
(11,237 Views)
Could someone please open this and resave it as an older vi version so it can be opened by me and others with older versions, thanks 🙂

This is to the file above this post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(11,203 Views)

@Bmk120 wrote:
Could someone please open this and resave it as an older vi version so it can be opened by me and others with older versions, thanks 🙂

This is to the file above this post

How much older of a version do you need?

Message 6 of 22
(11,194 Views)
I think it's the 2009 that I have, either 8.5 or 8 I think
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(11,189 Views)

Saved as LV8.

Message 8 of 22
(11,172 Views)

Thank you Ravens Fan. Is there a way to show the intake amount, which would be 2 with both pumps on and 1 when only pump 1 is on?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(11,153 Views)

@Bmk120 wrote:

Thank you Ravens Fan. Is there a way to show the intake amount, which would be 2 with both pumps on and 1 when only pump 1 is on?

That variable is already present.  Just put an indicator on the output wire of the add.vi that adds the two inflow variables.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(11,142 Views)