LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help~can not open my vi(labview says could not open front panel )

Hello all!

i know someone have encountered the problem:  "generic error, Labview load error code 3: Could not load front panel"

in labview 2011 before, but there is no solution  in detail. it would cost me much time to rewrite the vi.

So im very gratefull if  anyone could help me with it.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,007 Views)

Prime example of why everything should be in a source code control.  Because then you could just check out the last version that still worked.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,953 Views)

Hi Panliang,

as crossrulz said: get the VI from your backup.

If you don't have any backup: start to create backups from now on.

Or setup some kind of source code control like SVN or GIT…

On your VI: it's big. It's bigger (in term of file size) than 99% of all VIs I ever have seen before.

The bigger the file the more errors can occur. And it crashed my LV2016 after trying to open it…

When you recreate your VI: limit the size to reasonable amounts. This applies to BD/FP size (in pixels) as file size in bytes too!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,929 Views)

I do not know why your vi is so large, but be careful not to save large amounts of data into the vi by loading data into huge array controls and then using "Make Current Values Default".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,916 Views)

point is well taken. thank you~

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,875 Views)

i found a backup from the labview data autosave folder, i still dont know what happened to my vi. thank you very much for your advice, and i will keep a good habits while writting a labview vi from now on.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,873 Views)