LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help building a LabVIEW application in XP for a Windows 7 target

I just found out today that a LabVIEW application we need to deliver to a customer next week needs to run on Windows 7, but my machine with the app-builder is Windows XP and all of the computers in our office are XP only. Will I be able to build an executeable that will run on the customer's Windows 7 machine? Will the standard installer work with the version of the LabVIEW runtime I have available on their machine?

I am using LabVIEW 8.6/8.6.1 with App-builder 8.6. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,794 Views)

I won't talk in an absolute manner and I will only tell you my (little) experience: an installer (that includes an exe) built on XP (32-bit) worked just fine on a 7 (64-bit).

As much as I have noticed, the installer include packages for some different xx-bit versions. And the run-time engine should meet the version of the LabVIEW used to develope the app.

---

While evaluating my code please have in mind that I am a LV novice. Therefore sometimes my code might violate some coding rules that I have to learn about myself. But how else could I do that... 🙂

Chart zoom with "Mouse Over" effect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,790 Views)
So far the only issue I have had with Win7 and LabVIEW builds is access rights of the program. I usually have to run the program in Admin mode for file access. Aside from that, I've not had any problems. I am using LabVIEW 2009.
Ryan Podsim, CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,772 Views)