LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Multiple Applied Motion TSM23S Step-Servo Motor Movement

Hi all,

I'm facing a bit of difficulty here in figuring out how to run (2) Applied Motion TSM23S-2AG Step-Servo motors in a specific XY trajectory in which @altenbach was a big help in figuring out, however I can't figure out how to get both motors to follow the same path.

How I've used these motors in the past is in a single line from one end of a track to the other in which the steps required were:

(DI-29000) Set move position to 29000 encoder steps >

(FP) Feed to position >

(IP) Requests Status of all 3 digital inputs (STEP, DIR, EN) >

Read buffer >

Loop until the previosly specified number of encoder steps is reached >

Return to initial position

I'm unsure how to get the motors to follow in the same path as the visual shown in the VI below. I've also attached my program and the Host Command Reference for the motors. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(624 Views)

Just a hint to get better help:  Save your VIs to an older version (Save for Previous Version...) before you post them so people who don't have the latest LabVIEW can open them and help you.  There will be more and more of us stuck at LV 2019/2020 now that NI no longer has an option for a perpetual license.  😉

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(619 Views)

That's true - I should've taken that into account. Thank you for the advice. Here are the 2016 versions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(610 Views)