Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Synchronization of two scopes

Hi

I got at testsytem that contains a :

PXI rack 1065
NI-5124 in slot 4

NI-5154 in slot 16.

In my test i do a lot of measurements where I use only one of the scopes at a time, but in one test i have to use both and they have to be triggered at the same time.

I have been taking a look at the example VI "niScope EX Multi-Device Different Sample Clock Rates (TClk).vi"

My question is, is it possible to split up this VI in several VI's and execute them in a sequence?

What I want to do is.

1 Setup the scopes - Master to trig on analog positive edge (2V).(1 to 6 in the example VI)

2. prepare the trigger - (7 to 9 in the example VI)

3. Fire my 0 -10v event

4. fetch my data - (10 in the example VI)

I have tried that and first of all I get no data and second, I can't use my other Scope VIs afterwards. Say's that the resoures is locked by another.

Hope someone can help me:)

Thanks in advance

Bjarne

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,208 Views)

Hi Bjarne, 

Are you able to post the VI you have edited? 

It sounds like references may not be being passed correctly into and out of the subVIs and therefore not being closed off at the end is causing a resource conflict.

Kind regards,

Rebecca 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,171 Views)

Hi

Sorry for the late response. I had to make another solution to get my project done in time, but I would like to find a method to do it with two scopes:)

Here is screen dump of my VI's

The first Picture is a part of my plugin for my sequencer. I save the resources in a uninitialised shift register between the ARM and fetch actions.

The next two pictures Is the code for ARM and FETCH.

Thanks in advance

/Bjarne

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,150 Views)