LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Recreating a Tab Control example feature

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello gents, browsing the forum i found this old post that does exactly what i want to do with my tabs 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Disable-Tabs-in-Tab-Control/ta-p/3506156?profile.language=...

I'm trying to recreate it in my VI but i can't do it, i can create the part with create > property node > pages so i get the reference number of the pages but i can't quite understand how to disable and gray the other pages while i'm not using them.

Can someone please explain it to me and possibly guide me through some steps?

Thank you in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,998 Views)

Hi Bonifacio,

as is shown in the linked article each page has its own reference and you can use that reference to set its visibility/disabled state…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,988 Views)

1111.PNG

I'm not clear with this part: where do i find it? Should i create an enum with those 3 different states for the tabs? How can i do that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,984 Views)

Post what you have...

If you get a refence to the pages, you probably need to iterate over them in a for loop, or get a single reference form the array with an index array or delete from array,..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,981 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BonifacioLupo

@BonifacioLupo wrote:

1111.PNG

I'm not clear with this part: where do i find it? Should i create an enum with those 3 different states for the tabs? How can i do that?

Create a property node, wire it to the reference.

Select a property by clicking (or right clicking) the property node. Pick the Enable property.

Set it to write (default might be read).

Right click the input, and create a constant.

Message 5 of 6
(1,978 Views)

Ok thanks problem solved 🙂 i was creating a property node from Tab Control of the Front Panel (where i could choose a property node for disable) while i had to create an "empty" property node from the block diagram by clicking on my page reference. 

Thanks and kudos to you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,970 Views)