From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Receiving "File is not a resource file" message when trying to open my VI.

I have been working on this VI for a few days now and it seems to have been corrupted (for no apparent reason) just as I was adding the finishing touches.  I have seen in a related post that <CR><LF> delimiters can get converted by say a mail server, but I was not emailing the VI or trying to open with another program.  I am attaching the VI if anyone can help.  LabVIEW did auto save my project however the autosaved project still references the corrupt VI!?!  Can anyone please help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,472 Views)

Yup, it's corrupted. All of the header information for the file seems to be gone. It unfortunately happens. You might want to run a disk check to make sure you've got no disk errors. Could also have been your anti-virus app - I've seen these do real weird things.

You've got a backup that doesn't rely on the auto-save right?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,463 Views)

The last thing I did was use the Current VI's Path as the path to open a configuration file using the Config File VI's.  I think this had something to do with it as I have seen at least one discussion where the same thing happened.  Have you ever heard of this?  I'm pretty sure LabVIEW corrupted the file (but possibly with my help).  I have a backup that's about a day old but was hoping the file could be fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,456 Views)

Unfortunately we don't have any of the tools at our disposal to try and fix corrupted VIs. NI might have some, so you can try putting in a support request with them, though I'm not sure how far you'd really get.

Did you actually get a crash when you did what you were doing? What is the other discussion that you mentioned? What version of LabVIEW are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,452 Views)