LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! MAX error after installing LV 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

I installed LV 2017 after uninstalling 2016. Now whenever I click on a task in MAX I get an error: Helpasst.dll not found. Reinstall NIDAQmx. I downloaded version 17.0 and ran the install it but I still get the error. I thought maybe I could uninstall it and reinstall and see if that works but the only listing in Windows uninstall for any NI software is for NI Package Manager. If you click on that you get an error saying it may have been uninstalled.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,581 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GDthomas

Could you try to launch NI Package manager? If you can launch it, there should be a tab "Installed", which if you click it, will list the software on the computer. See if you can uninstall MAX from there. It will be called "Measurement & Automation Explorer". 

Thanks

-Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,533 Views)

Sarah, thanks for you answer.

I've been in touch with NI support and we've tried several things including a forced reinstall of DAQmx which includes MAX. It solved that problem but now I get a different "internal error". They've recommended a complete uninstall and showed me what to edit in the registry and reinstall. 

Wish me luck 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,522 Views)