From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I am trying to create an interface that will allow me to c

ontrol many instruments in the Lab using labview. I downloaded instrument drivers already. How should my connectivity be on all level (GPIB, and block diagram for interface). I am a neginner with Labview. If there are notes that can help, Please inform me.How can I control many intruments in the Lab using one computer with one interface allowing to choose the instrument I want to use. I need help with the connections (GPIB level and block diagram for interface).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,201 Views)
ontrol many instruments in the Lab using labview. I downloaded instrument drivers already. How should my connectivity be on all level (GPIB, and block diagram for interface). I am a neginner with Labview. If there are notes that can help, Please inform me.Mushakunda,
The first step is to make sure the instrument drivers are loaded properly. If they are non-IVI drivers, simlply copy the folders into the C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.0\instr.lib folder. The path should be the same for most versions of LabVIEW. You can check the installation in LabVIEW by going to the Functions>>Instrument I/O>>Instrument Drivers.

Then, it's just a matter of wiring the functions together in the proper order, while keeping the VISA sessions separated. I have attached an example screen shot of controlling 2 instruments simultaneously.

Good luck with your application.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,201 Views)