LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. I am here looking for techniacal support.

Hello.

I am here looking for techniacal support about 3D drawing. Inorder to make the detail easy to understand.I draw a picture to illustrate the result that I want(picture 1).

First, I want to draw a transparent box, in the box there are some colorful blocks(seems like the Intensity Graph) the data has generated as two arraies(one for color and one for position). 

but how to translate the data into a 3D picture(picture 1) ?Do I need some extra modules?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,450 Views)

Under your HELP menu, choose FIND EXAMPLES.

In the BROWSE section open BUILDING USER INTERFACES and under that, open GENERATING 3D PICTURES.

Play with those examples and you should have enough to get you started.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

Message 2 of 4
(2,422 Views)

I nearly understand how to draw the picture. But there is a  question. There will be more than one blocks in a  same perpendicular line, then the blocks will cover each other looking from the XY plane. So do you have an idea to solve this problem?? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,365 Views)

I'm not an expert on the LabVIEW 3-D drawing, but in general, objects are drawn in the same order that they are presented to the view.  So if you draw box A, box, B, and box C, then box C will cover the others, if they overlap.

Boxes cannot "cover each other", one has to cover the other.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

Message 4 of 4
(2,316 Views)