LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble installing the DAQCard 700

Hello Sirs,

I have been on trying to install the DAQCard-700 for the better part of the day. The problem is, in the Device Manager, though the Data Acquisition Devices listing is present- the CAQCard-700 has a yellow exclamation sign on it.

When I go to properties- the device status says:

�This device is either or present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed (Code 10)�

Here is the operating system setup:

Operating System Win 98 SE
16 Mb Ram
90 Mhz Pent Processor

The Card is plugged into a Actiontec PCI PC Card Reader (PC759)
Device Manager reports that this device is working properly. The driver provider for the device is Microsoft, Date 5-24-1999.
Recourses reports: Actiontec PCI PC Card Reader (PC750)
Interrupt Request 10
Memory Range 01000000 � 01000FFF

Information on the DAQCard-700 is as follows.

Driver installed is Provider: National Instruments Date: 5-1-1998
Software installed: NI-DAQ 6.9.2 for Windows
Resources: Use automatic settings is toggled off
Input/Output Range 0000 � 001F
Interrupt Request 05
No conflicts.

I tried going into the NI-DAQ Configuration Utility. And it runs a systems test. It does find the card, it says:

�The NI-DAQ Configuration Utility has found a new device DAQCard-700 in socket 2�

�If you would like to use this device in your configuration please press the yes button to configure the device.�

Then I�d go through a few screens pressing yes, all looks fine until I get to the
Configuring Device 1: DAQCard-700

Device Number 1
Input/Output Range 0x0 � 0x1f
Interrupt Request 5
Pccard Socket 2

The buttons � Test Resources and Run Test Panels are grayed out.

Another thing, if it is any help. I noticed the computer will �beep� just seconds after the Win Logo appears on the Monitor. Seems the computer may be about mid way or so through processing the registry.

I am stuck with this, I request information and would appreciate any input you can give me to get the card working.

Any other information I can give you please let me know and I will reply promptly.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,313 Views)
Hello;

The first thing you need to double check is if the Laptop Socket is working under the Native Microsoft Socket driver. If that is not the case, NI-DAQ might been having problems to talk with that third party driver.

If that is the case, you can uninstall that driver and install the native microsoft driver from the Windows CD.

If that is not applicable, try to install the same DAQ card on a different LapTop (if possible), to double check the hardware.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,313 Views)