LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble ftp-ing with the SYSTEM EXEC.vi

I'm trying to use the SYSTEM EXEC.vi to to an ftp transfer from inside a LabVIEW vi. It is working, I can run the sample vi I have attached and the file gets loaded in to the target location but this vi never see the transfer complete and the number of bytes transferred messages that is need to confirmed the up load. But know the file is being loaded because I have gone back and checked it from the dos prompt. What am I doing wrong?

If anybody has a better idea about how to do a ftp up link with out purchasing the internet tool kit, I kwould be happy to hear it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,650 Views)
Try running it with cmd /c in front of the ftp command.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,639 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion.

Tried it and the vi would not run at all.

What doses the /c do?

Thanks again

T.B.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,621 Views)

I believe it closes the command prompt window once the command has completed rather than leaving it open.  I'm not an expert in FTP and have not tried to programmatically control it using LabVIEW.  I just know from reading past posts that often times the problem with system exec. VI is that cmd /c should be put into the command line.

Perhaps it's possible that you can't get the results.  Since FTP essentially creates a shell within the command prompt, the response fromt he FTP is showing up in that shell rather than in the original command prompt window shell.

I will have to leave it up to others with more experience with FTP and the System Exec VI to offer more suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,614 Views)

OpenG also had an FTP library. I don't know if it's still supported, though.

Or, if you want to stick with the command line you can use the trick I had posted here to copy the text from the command window.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,601 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,570 Views)