From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems with Camac drivers and labview

I have a Lecroy 2249SG adc with a DSP6001 control board.  I upgraded from LabView 5.0 to LabView 6.0 and now my Sub vi's for communicating with the CAMAC do not work.  The drivers were from DSP and were for Windows NT and a previous lab member modified them to work with Windows 98.  The drivers are .dll files.  When I send a LAM to the CAMAC, I get a Q=0 and/or a X=0  back from the CAMAC - Q=0 means no response, and X=0 means command not accepted.  My previous lab member explained the modifications like this: "I remember that I somehow looked at the code and besides a lot of unintelligable symbols I saw things that looked like the expected CAMAC commands except that they had a lot of really strange extra symbols
attached to them. I then went into LabVIEW and replaced the expected command names by these slightly messed-up versions and - surprisingly - it worked."

The company who supplied the drivers in the past no longer sells the control board, but I am trying to contact them for original drivers - don't think I will have much luck.

I'm attaching the driver(WINCAM32.dll) and the vi that is used to generate the calls.

Thanks.

Shaun
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,495 Views)
I searched NI's site to see if they had a driver for you. I've never worked with this instrument so I can't offer too much in the way of communicating with it. You might want to post this to the Instrument Control Forums (GPIB, etc) to see if people there may have used this.
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,495 Views)