From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Trouble with VISAs

@RavensFan wrote:

It won't work.  Because the underlying code that that the Instrument Assistant generates also uses the Asynchronous mode of the VISA functions.

Um, we don't know that yet... We still haven't learned what devices the OP is using.  RSTLVU merely used LeCroy as an example

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(483 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@RavensFan wrote:

It won't work.  Because the underlying code that that the Instrument Assistant generates also uses the Asynchronous mode of the VISA functions.

Um, we don't know that yet... We still haven't learned what devices the OP is using.  RSTLVU merely used LeCroy as an example

I'm basing that on the only visible difference between the OP's non-working main VI code is that it is set for Asynchronous, while his working LeCroy subVI is set for Synchronous.  That along with the Instrument Assistant uses a VISA function with Asynchronous set which I check by making a basic Instrument Assistant, then using Open Front Panel to see what VISA functions it used under the hood.  It used the Asyncrhronous VISA write and read with the watch icon showing.

EDIT:  Okay rereading, I see the OP is the one saying he is using Agilent.  RTSVLU brought up LeCroy and started using that as an example of having the same error.  You're right that we don't have as much info from the OP as I thought.  The OP needs to post his working and not working code and info on the device.  Once I started seeing RTSVLU's code, I was in comparison mode for the only code we have really seen.  I basically started answering RTSVLU's question.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(481 Views)