LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having LED stay on for at least 2 seconds before turning off

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am a student and fairly new to LabView.  I have a homework assignment which consists of comparing voltages.  When the comparison switch is in the "on" position and Voltage B is greater than Voltage A, a yellow comparison light turns on.  Vice versa when the switch is in the "off" position.  The only tricky part is that the light needs to stay on for at least two seconds.  When the voltages are changed such that the light would go from off-on-off, the light needs to be on  for at least two seconds before turning off.  So if this sequence was done very quickly the light would stay on until the time limit was met.  So far I only have it coded so that the light turns on when one of the voltages is larger than the other.  I'll try and post a picture of what I have.  Thank you in advance for the help!Comparison Light Timing.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,447 Views)

For "True" for is 'b greater than a?' I have a true sent through on the Boolean shift register and the time shift register sent through.  For the "False" case for 'yellow light on to off' I have the time sent through.  I'm fairly sure there is only one or two things that I'm missing that is preventing it from working how I want it to work.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,438 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author charlie230

After spending a little bit more time on the issue I managed to figure out what I had done wrong.Comparison Light Timing 1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,410 Views)