LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone use an anywhere USB over ethernet from DIGI qith USB DAQ

I need to connect 9 USB-6353, 3 CanBus, 3 GPIB to one PC. I am looking into the anywhere USB 14 from DIGI International and I would like to know if any one has try using this items and how succesfull it was.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,249 Views)

This product costs more than a full featured PC. Buy a PC and get some simple but reliable USB hubs (PCI or USB) for this PC. Connect to this PC via Ethernet from your main PC to monitor or collect data. This will give you a cheaper solution.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,183 Views)

Thanks for the responde.  I have already try that I have used hubs with 4, 6 and 13 connections each time I connect a hub it takes an USB connection or 2 depending on the number of usb connections. Also can not get a relaible hub that works consistenly sometimes it will work fine for 2, 3 months without any problem then it mulfunctions. I know I should had use a cRIO NI-9074 with network connection but unfortunately nesomeone else had already started the project and got stuck with the selection.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,164 Views)

Did you try PCI(e) USB cards yet? 

Something like this in my mind:

http://www.ioiusb.com/Host-Adapter/U3X8-PCIE8XE102.htm

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,163 Views)

I'd also look into the PCI, or alternate PC solution.  I know it seems attractive to just buy one new piece of network equipment.  But my experience with NI USB devices are they are tempermental because they use so much of the USB bandwidth.  I have never used one of these network USB devices but I suspect you would have lots more problems with it, than you would an industrial PC with lots of USB ports, using PCI cards.  The CAN cards don't bother me too much as long as the baud and bus load is smallish.  I've seen 9 USB CAN devices plugged into a single powered hub and work because each bus was pretty low traffic.  And isn't GPIB addressible so you only need one interface?

We had a need for 4 FPGA cards, 2 DAQ cards, and Wifi and we found an industrial rack mount PC with 7 PCI slots and were able to make it work just fine.  It too probably could have been redesigned maybe with a PXI MXI chassis but it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,157 Views)