LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone managed to install LabVIEW 2020?

I got the download and it upgraded NI Package manager but NI Package manager can't find LabVIEW 2020

DLCapture.PNG

Tried several times with the same results... I guess we have to wait for the hard copy to arrive?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,858 Views)

I have installed LabView 2020 x64 using the offline installer.

via the download link

https://www.ni.com/de-de/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview.html

if you do the 32 Bit Version, be careful not to download the Chinese language version (default), as I did once upon a time... 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,844 Views)

@alexderjuengere wrote:

I have installed LabView 2020 x64 using the offline installer.

via the download link

https://www.ni.com/de-de/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview.html

if you do the 32 Bit Version, be careful not to download the Chinese language version (default), as I did once upon a time... 

That's the same file I downloaded and that is NOT the offline installer (file size 5 MEGA-bytes)

It just upgrades the Ni Package manager and tells it to download and install LabVIEW 2020

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,819 Views)

I found the off line installers.

The link is in very small print at the bottom of the download page.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,811 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

I found the off line installers.

The link is in very small print at the bottom of the download page

I tried to link to the .iso file, but it is the same link as the landing page.

sorry.

I downloaded and installed

"ni-labview-2020_20.0.0.49152-0+f0_offline.iso" ~ 42,3 GB

english only

the 32 Bit Version is smaller in size 33,5 GB

it took me several hours to download from the NI Server ....

therefore I was very amused to see, I had downloaded and install the Chinese Version -

which results in some very nasty encoding errors on my European PC

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,779 Views)

So far, after (finally) being able to load/install LabVIEW 2019 (took me only about 4-5 months, lots of struggles) reasonably successfully, I tackled LabVIEW 2020.  I managed to install LabVIEW 2020 Community Edition (32-bit), but on my Work Machine, I just tried loading LabVIEW 2020 (32-bit) "Regular Edition".  No problem loading just LabVIEW (no modules, no drivers).  Started loading anything else (one Module, the standard Drivers, only one-at-a-time), get the stupid "Please check your internet" or other misleading/inappropriate Error messages.

And I thought I had this knocked!  Pass the Humble Pie ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,696 Views)

Partial success.  Did an "Uninstall NI Software and NIPM" pass, downloaded the 35 Gb .iso for LabVIEW 2020 32-bit, and gave it a shot.  Worked fine (so far) -- I have LabVIEW, DAQmx, VISA, PXI Platform Services, LabVIEW Real-Time Module, and FPGA.

One change I made to my usual "order" of installation -- as always, I installed (only) LabVIEW first, but this time, as it always "by default" turns on DAQmx, VISA, NI 488.2 (which I always manually turn off), and PXI, I let it install DAQmx, VISA, and PXI in the first pass.  Incidentally, I know NI got started making GPIB hardware many (>30?) years ago, and developed LabVIEW to help engineers configure these beasts, but who uses GPIB today?.

There are a few left-over things still to install, but it seems to be working better ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,667 Views)