From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever used the .NET TripleDES service successfully in G

I have a program where I need to do a TripleDES encrytion on a message, and .NET has a construct supported since v2.0.0.0 (mscorlib.dll), but I have been unable to get it configured and working. Looking for some assistance, so I don't have to create the DES encrytion algorithm dicretely.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,753 Views)

Could you please any errors or roadblocks you're running into?  These might help us get a better idea of exactly what's going on.  

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,716 Views)

There are actually a number of issues I am having, if you go into .NET constructor node for the TripleDESCryptoService Provider (mscorlib.dll v2.0.0.0.0) and invoke the CreateEncryptor method, it asks for an initialization vector (IV) which i have no idea of what exactly it is looking for. MSDN is fairly worthless for this, so i was just hoping someone might have an example available.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,692 Views)

@ATE_Dude_22 wrote:

There are actually a number of issues I am having, if you go into .NET constructor node for the TripleDESCryptoService Provider (mscorlib.dll v2.0.0.0.0) and invoke the CreateEncryptor method, it asks for an initialization vector (IV) which i have no idea of what exactly it is looking for. MSDN is fairly worthless for this, so i was just hoping someone might have an example available.

Here is an example in VB.NET

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.security.cryptography.tripledescryptoserviceprovider%...

It looks like if you don't provide the initialization vector, it generates one for you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,683 Views)

Exactly my point, this method throws an exception error if the IV input is either wired with an empty array, or if left unwired it throw an error stating all inputs need wiring??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,677 Views)

@ATE_Dude_22 wrote:

Exactly my point, this method throws an exception error if the IV input is either wired with an empty array, or if left unwired it throw an error stating all inputs need wiring??

The example is creating a new TripleDESCytpoServiceProvider object.  That is how you should model your LabVIEW code.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,672 Views)

Thanks, I'll see what I can do with this.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,666 Views)