LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone developed a library to communicate with a temperature controller Love Controls Series 16A?

Has anyone developed a library to communicate with a temperature controller Love Controls Series 16A?

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Products/Product.cfm?Group_ID=58

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,508 Views)

Hello chris_1974,

Thank you for posting the link to your hardware.  The usual link for finding prewritten libraries or drivers for 3rd party hardware is at the National Instruments Instrument Driver Network.  However, in this case, there are no results for 'Love' hardware.

Reading further into the specifications page of your hardware, it appears that you may use standard RS232 or RS422.  I believe that you have to use the Modbus protocol to send the bits the right way down the cables, according to my brief read. 

NI has a free to download Modbus library that you may use as a starting point if you do require Modbus for this hardware. You can clarify this with an email to Love.

Best Regards, 

George T.
Senior Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,468 Views)

Sorry it took so long to reply to your email... it has been a crazy week!

Thank you for your answer. I had a look in the NI driver library before sending this message.

Unfortunately, the controller I use isn't the Modbus version but uses the "Love protocol".

After asking several times, they clarified it.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,461 Views)

I am also interestedi n using Love 16a controller. Do you have a sample .vi you could share that demonstrates how you successfully communicated with the controller?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,343 Views)

Hi, I don't as I have changed job since. My post is a couple of years old now.

I remember that all I had to do was to send a few numbers on the RS232. But first, I made it work using hyperterminal then I wrote the code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,329 Views)

Has anyone else ever got one of these Love Controls controllers to communcate? I can't get it to do anything over any terminal program, and the Dwyer Communcations Utility isn't recognizing it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,169 Views)