LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harmonic Distortion

I am taking measurements of acceleration, speed and rotational movement and I keep that data in a txt file. After having these measurements recorded I want to make a harmonic distortion, and find the specific harmonics / fundamental harmonics, the one that predominates.
I am using the distortion measurements function but when I press it it appears (image 1) but the problem is that it only gives me this output (image 2), do not give me a graph with frequency, why ??
If anyone can help me I appreciate it.

ni1.GIF

My output:

ni2.GIF

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,468 Views)

ni3.GIF

My code 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,463 Views)

Please attach your code.  We need something we can edit, dissect, even run (it also might help to attach a Data File so we can see what your code does with your data).  The best way to attach the code is to compress the folder containing your LabVIEW Project and attach the resulting .zip file.  A picture (tiny!) of a small piece of your code is not so helpful.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,400 Views)

Thank you, here are the files.

Ricardo Rebelo 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,397 Views)

Hi Ricardo,

please don't SPAM people by asking for help using PersonalMessages! This is considered "rude behaviour"…

@RicardoRebeloo1 wrote:

I want to make a harmonic distortion, and find the specific harmonics / fundamental harmonics, the one that predominates.

Your VI does exactly what you want to do: find the one (1) dominating harmonics value!

Your example data file contains just 4 samples per columns, so determining harmonics from them seems rather senseless…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,377 Views)

OK, sorry. But I am not able to obtain the results graph as shown in the figure. I used the file with only 4 data, but I used another with more data and it still doesn't work.

sinal 1.GIF

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,362 Views)

OK, sorry. But I am not able to obtain the results graph as shown in the figure. I used the file with only 4 data, but I used another with more data and it still doesn't work.

sinal 1.GIF

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,361 Views)

Hi Ricardo,

so you don't want the results of that ExpressVI (SINAD, amplitude of first harmonic), but you want that FFT plot shown as "Preview"!?

Why don't you call a FFT function in your VI?

Did you know you can convert each ExpressVI into an ordinary VI and look into its block diagram (and subVIs)? That often helps to create a subVI to its own requirements!

ExpressVIs are not made for your specific requirements, but only to fulfill the most often used requirements: this can be a huge difference…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,356 Views)

I want to find out which frequency predominates, that is, the fundamental harmonics.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,347 Views)