LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware not detected

I want to automate a 3rd party instrument using LabVIEW. The instrument is a Spectrometer CAS 140CT of Instrument Systems. All the drivers are installed on the host pc, but LabVIEW is not installed on that PC.  Instead, I would programme it on a separate Laptop where LabVIEW and create a  .exe application and install it on the host pc. But when I run it shows an error of hardware not detected. What is the mistake I made? I am not familiar working with instrument drivers and LabVIEW. Thank You. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,244 Views)

The machine running the code needs all of the low level "hooks" to interact with the Instrument.

What happens if you run your Executable from your laptop (where you built it)?  Does it work?  If so, this means that the laptop has the appropriate low-level drivers that need to be "part of the build" so that they will show up on the Host PC.  In "Build"-talk, this is called "Building an Installer".  I've not done this very often, but (as they say) "You could look it up" (also known as "Consult the LabVIEW Help and/or search the Web").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,201 Views)

Can you get the spectrometer to work with the application from the manufacturer? That is usually my first step of troubleshooting an instrument. It looks like they have one called SpecWin Pro for your model, which you will probably need to install before using the LabVIEW drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,195 Views)

It doesn't work on my laptop also, that is because the spectrometer is not connected to my laptop. But the error which is shown when I run on my laptop is the same error which is shown on pc to which the spectrometer is connected. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,176 Views)

Yeah, I have the specwin pro and it works properly. That is actually my task to make it automatic using LabVIEW. Right now specwin pro requires human to be present while making the readings.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,174 Views)

I have found a proper .dll file which is the driver for the instrument and it's still not functioning. Why is that so? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,159 Views)

It looks like on their downloads page they have LabVIEW code (which is just a wrapper for the .dll), is that what you are trying to use? My knowledge of dll's is very limited, but others here are very experienced with them. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,146 Views)

did you ever get your labview to work with the CAS140? I am in the same boat now and need to find the function codes for specific windows in SpecWin

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,166 Views)

yes i have, but this was a long time back and i dont work in the same company and i dont remember how i did it.  sorry.

Message 9 of 9
(1,140 Views)