LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Platform spec for Labview

We've some electrician engineers wanting to run Labview here for the long-term and i've been asked to come up with a portable applicance spec.

Can you advise what you'd recommend to run Labview on, i'm looking presently at a Dell M60 mobile workstation, essentially 2.0ghz processor, 1/2 gb ram 60gb HDD

Cheeers chaps,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,241 Views)
The specs sound fine.

In my experience, the requirements for LV programming have been dictated more by the OS than LV itself. Of course good programming helps keep the hardware requirements down too....

One thing worth keeping an eye on is the screen size. Sinve LV is graphical in nature, a nicely sized display (without the pixels being too small) is really good. A typical DELL notebook screen with 1600x1200 may be quite hard for some people to use due to the high pixel density, but it's kind of a personal thing. I personally only have a 15 inch TFT for programming. I find it helps me keep my code tidy as the cost of big diagrams is too high. Again, it's a personal thing.

Hope this helps

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 2 of 4
(2,237 Views)
Ok, I've read answers from some other people, and I've overlooked something in my answer.

The requirements on the PC depend also on WHAT you'll be programming, and with what you'll be interfacing.

This is so obvious to me, I forgot it (know what I mean?).

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 3 of 4
(2,227 Views)
Hi,

Visit http://ni.com/labview/requirements.htm to find the recommended system requirements for LabVIEW and the add-on modules such as DSC

Also take a look at the LabVIEW release notes as this gives more detailed information. Available at the following location: http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/0FB36A66EDEA837A86256E40007051FF?OpenDocument&node=132090_US

Regards
Hannah
NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,205 Views)