cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling of multiple channels

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone.

In one projekt Iam using 180 channels of a DAQ and Iam now writing the Labview program for it. As Iam not that experienced with Labview Iam wondering if there is a good way to bundle the signals and controls.

When Iam reading out channel I want to display the value in a textbox and as a boolean which means 360 signals need to be routed. When I then want to write all signals into a textfile I have to route them again....

Is there an easier and faster way?

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,518 Views)

Yes.  However, you've provided so little information on what you are doing (what do you mean by "Channels"?  Are there 180 totally different sensors, or do you have a "180-bit digital register", as two extreme examples?  What hardware do you plan to use?  What are your necessary sampling rates?  What kind of control/processing of these signals is required?  What do you mean by "display the value in a textbos and as a boolean"?

Given your lack of experience, you may have tackled a problem that would benefit from a more-experienced collaborator or LabVIEW Guru.  Do you have someone local (perhaps a bright undergraduate/graduate Engineering Student with 2-3 years of LabVIEW experience) available?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,456 Views)

Dear Bob.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I actually have 160 different sensors connected to a USB 6225.  All signals from the sensors should be collected and the values shown in textboxes.

The sampling rate isnt much of important as the system the connectors are connected is changing very slowely.

If I in example would use the Data Acquisition Express VI I would have to take the dynamic data and put every single sensor value into the appropriate textbox.

For 160 signals this means a lot of wires....

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,452 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ´MikeSv

@´MikeSv wrote:
Yes I actually have 160 different sensors connected to a USB 6225.  All signals from the sensors should be collected and the values shown in textboxes.

I would use a Table, which is a fancy form of a 2D array of strings.  Assuming your data is formatted the same way, this will make it A LOT easier on you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,447 Views)

Thanks...

That sounds like a good solution 🙂

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,444 Views)