From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling .NET .dll-files, that are called from several packed libraries

Hello everyone,

I am having some issues with .net that I was hoping someone could help me out with. 

So I am using this Kinesis Thorlabs .Net libraries to control a delay staqe and I want to incorporate my delay stage vi into my main vi. 

I have the .net vi working properly , but only when I have the Kinesis Labview project open. When I close the project the invoke nodes of .Net for the same vi produce an error. Is there some way around this. 

I am using Labview 2017 64bit.

PS. I have had the exact same issue with another .net library. VI is working fine only when opened through the project. when opened as a standalone vi it gives an error.

I am guessing it has something to do with how the .net libraries are configured in Labview.

Any help greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,690 Views)

It's probably the search path.

LabVIEW looks for .NET assemblies at certain places. If you store the assembly relative to the project, LabVIEW can find it, but when you open the VI the assembly might not be in the search path of it.

Not sure if this applies, but if you store your assemblies in the project, better store it next to (or in a sub directory of) the VIs if you want the stand alone VIs to find it.

Grouping the VIs in a library or class, and adding the assembly to it might also work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,677 Views)