LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hamamatsu Orca flash 4.0 v3 camera file

Hello,

I am using Hamamatsu Orca Flash 4.0 v3 camera together with PXIe 1435 frame grabber. As this camera is not officially supported by the NI, there is no camera file for this particular camera. I contacted Hamamatsu but their response was that they do not provide camera file for this camera. I tried to use an*.icd file from some older Hamamatsu cameras but without success.

I would appreciate if someone could provide me a camera file for this or any similar camera.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,702 Views)

Have you tried creating your own camera file?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,690 Views)

Hello, yes I did try to create my own camera file, and partially I created it (based on some older camera files). While there are some camera attributes that I can set and change - like Exposure Time (command AET %dMS\r) or Binning (command SPX %d\r) other attributes I can not set because I don't know which command to use in order to execute them (my camera is newer and camera files I have are from early 2000s so I think some commands have changed with time and they do not work with my camera).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,655 Views)

I can't find anything on commands in user manual or technical notes. It's mentioned in technical notes, page 18, that your camera is supported by DCAM-API, which makes me think that it won't be easy for you to get these commands. (It continues that this info can be found at their sales representative so it's probably not free either)

EDIT:

There is a mention of third party software in technical notes and there is a link... but it's a dead link.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,647 Views)

Hans, I've messaged you directly.

Cheers,

Greg

Message 5 of 6
(1,603 Views)

Hello again,

I am experiencing some weird behavior when snapping an image in NI MAX (same happens when using Camera File Generator).

The setup is still the same as I wrote in a 1st post. I created my own camera file and I am attaching it here. I would really appreciate if someone could take a quick look at it and maybe give some feedback.

The problem I have is this: When I snap a picture or if I keep grabbing it, at 1st picture is bad - unusable (1.0 zoom - original setup in NI MAX) but then I zoom out to 0.5 zoom and picture is suddenly fine. Has someone had some similar behavior? Or maybe I am doing something wrong.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,513 Views)