LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hall Effect Sensor to feed LabView DAQ Block

Hello all!

Currently working on a project where I need to perform the FFT from an AC Signal and output an analog signal containing all frequency components minus the fundamental. I have been reading a lot about hall effect sensors used to produce a current proportional to the voltage.

My question is: would the DAQ/Program recognize the output AC signal from the hall effect sensor directly? or would I have to condition the signal in some manner such that the DAQ can recognize the signal?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,670 Views)

Hi Alex,

how is "performing a FFT" connected with "reading a hall sensor"?

would the DAQ/Program recognize the output AC signal from the hall effect sensor directly?

Which "DAQ/Program" are you talking about?

Most DAQ devices capable of voltage measurements will be able to measure an AC voltage…

would I have to condition the signal in some manner such that the DAQ can recognize the signal?

Sometimes people want to condition (filter/amplify) a signal before reading it using some DAQ device. It depends on your requirements, signal and DAQ hardware…

Can you provide more information about the hardware you like to use?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(2,635 Views)

I will be using a variac to step down the AC voltage from 120VAC to about 10VAC. From there, so as to sort of isolate the high side from the low side, I wish to use a hall effect sensor and connect its output to the data acquisition board.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,613 Views)