LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML tables have double-lines (they used to be single)

Solved!
Go to solution

My predecessor made HTML reports that printed very nicely with tables that had single-lines.  Running this in LabVIEW 2018 (SP1 on Win7) gives me these hideous double-lines and I cannot stand it.

Here's a simple example:

table.png

Here's the code that made it:

HTML_table.png

I don't have any older versions to test if this is a version issue.  I don't know what our IT overlords have done to my computer so I can't say if it's an OS issue.  Have you seen this?  What do I do to create a table with simple, single lines?

Thank you,
Jim

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,815 Views)

This helps, but I'd be surprised to know it's needed.

HTML_table.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 9
(2,792 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jcarmody

HTML_TableStyle.png

Message 3 of 9
(2,787 Views)

With your code, I get the same look.  However you can embed a style tag into the report. 

Example_VI_BD.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 4 of 9
(2,785 Views)

BTW, I tried in LabVIEW 2012. Doesn't seem to be a version difference. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 5 of 9
(2,780 Views)

Thanks, guys.  I went with the following because the text blew up, too):

string.png

Bonus points if you can tell me why it happened, and if this "fix" is likely to break the app on other operating systems.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,757 Views)

Was there anything different about your predecessor's code compared to your post above?  I tried 3 different browsers and they all rendered the table the same.  Maybe your predecessor was using a separate style sheet that you just aren't aware of.  

Is Arial available on other OSes?  I thought that was a Microsoft font.

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,745 Views)

@aputman wrote:

Was there anything different about your predecessor's code compared to your post above? 

No.  I changed from LabVIEW 2017 to 2018 and got here.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,660 Views)

I added this to get rid of the silly header & footer...

more.png

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,647 Views)