cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP 6632A DC Power Supply current reading

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I am using in my test setup HP 6632A DC Power Supply. I got VI drivers for this equipment and Power Supply is working fine except one issue: there is not current reading during all test running: it means that in results (format Excel) is only one value of current that was received at start  of test running. My question is:  how to solve this issue and read all the time current from HP 6632A. I see visually that current is changing on display of equipment from mA to Amperes.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,325 Views)

Hello,

Can you share some code? Probably if you can upload your VI it will be fairly simple to help you implement your change.

I'd guess that somewhere there is a VI that you're calling that measures the current, and that it then places that in your output file.

All you need to do is find that VI, then call it in a loop together with the other measurements.

Depending on how you're calling these VIs (presumably from within the driver you downloaded), it might be easier or harder to do that, so if you can also upload the driver in a zip file together with your code that would make it much easier.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,297 Views)

Hello

Thanks for your quick answer.

I have attached my  .vi file that is  using in my test and also .xls  test results file where you can see how seems test results data.

Few words about my setup: I am running transmitter units that is transmitting at 3 frequencies  and  using during test Low/Mid/Hight DC voltages. I test is using also Spectrum Analayzer Keysight N9020B

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,279 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leo_T

So the VI that measures the current is the "Read Output Voltage Current.vi" in the first frame.

The data sets that form the longer traces are created/measured by "Read Trace (Swept SA).vi" in the second frame.

If you want to repeatedly measure the current, you'll need to call the "Read Output Voltage Current.vi" inside whichever is the appropriate section - probably the While loop in the first frame, before or after the Read Trace (in that same section of code).

You can then output (using perhaps an Indexing Tunnel) the values to the Write Measurement File express node.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,254 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leo_T

OK

I Understand and will try according your recommendation

Thanks a Lot

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,247 Views)