LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO USE A GLOBAL VARIABLE

I need to read in real time in my principal front panel the controls and indicators in the sub VI's. How can I do? I tried with the global variable but I did not succeed. I am attaching the VI and the sub VI. I would check on the front panel the following controls and indicators : 

From the sub VI "21 03  sv  Copia - Copia" i would check the indicator of current position on the front panel,  and from the sub VI "21 03 MAIN FINAL_pasquale e andrea_for - Copia" i would check the indicator of current value 1 and current value 1, and the control : "avvia acquisizione"  e "stop emergenza".

I would be grateful if you could bring myself this problem.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,559 Views)

Hi Pasquale o Andrea,

you're kidding, right?

Using a stacked sequence with 26 frames? Ever heard of DATAFLOW?

There are no global variables in your VIs, so where do you have a problem with them?

Using them is easy:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,554 Views)

I have always this link for quick copy/paste action 🙂

Have nice reading! 🙂

http://www.ni.com/newsletter/51735/en/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,537 Views)

In this VI there aren't the global variables because I was not able to use them. I'm not very experienced with labview. I need to read in real time some values such as current position, the current value 1 and the current value2. This values when my program is run change. I would like to monitor them

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,526 Views)

Well, so you could start to learn LabVIEW. LV is a programming language, if you want to create a proper code, you need to make effort.

At the top right of the website you can find links to different learning materials.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,517 Views)

Hi Hooovahh,

The 3 hour intro and LabVIEW Wiki links are not working for me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,476 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

Hi Hooovahh,

The 3 hour intro and LabVIEW Wiki links are not working for me.

I think NI might have been doing some work on the website deleting "old" pages.  There is a new weblink going to the 3 hour tutorial, but I don't remember what it was.

For the error page that comes up, I reported it as a problem.  I suggest you and others do the same.

They need to replace that page, or have it redirect to the new one because there are hundreds to thousands of posts in the forums that give the link that is now no longer working.

Message 8 of 10
(7,447 Views)

You are right thanks for the reply.  The Wiki has been down for some time, and last I heard, the important people to know about it, do know about it.  As for the 3 hour session I have no idea what happened to that, I can't seem to find it on Google either.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(7,434 Views)

Hi Robbie 89,

try to have a look to this document:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361F-01/lvhowto/creating_global_variables/

I'd suggest you to read documentation that other users attached because it could be very usefull for your issue!

Bye

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(7,379 Views)