LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO MAKE A RADAR SCREEN SIMULATOR ?

I HAVE BUILT A ROTATING NEEDLE ON A SCREEN USING A WHILE LOOP AND I NEED TO CREARE SOME RANDOM OBJECTS FLYING THROUGH THAT SCREEN TO FORM A RADAR SCREEN SIMULATOR
Message 1 of 8
(5,561 Views)
Hi Adeeb,
the easiest thing is to make the background of the guage transparent, and then put a picture control behind it. That way the stuff you do on the picture control shows up effectively behind the radar screen.

Hope this helps

S.
// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,560 Views)
Sacha had it right with moving a picture control. I don't think you need to make your radar control transparent though.
Here's a version of your code with a couple of planes (read from JPEG files) flying across it. You may need to change the path constant on the diagram depending on where you copy these files.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,560 Views)
that will certainly help but what if I want to have more than one object on the screen with information on every object and then highlighting or interacting with any one of them by clicking on the object using the mouse and maybe trying to measure the distance between two objects or between the center and any object.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,560 Views)
How can I use the mouse to select and interact any of the planes and measure the distance for example between the selected plane and the center of the screen.......thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,560 Views)
DO YOU KNOW HOW CAN I HAVE ANY DRAWINGS (LINES OR SHAPES)FIXED ON THE SCREEN WHILE PLANES ARE MOVING ?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,560 Views)
> DO YOU KNOW HOW CAN I HAVE ANY DRAWINGS (LINES OR SHAPES)FIXED ON THE
> SCREEN WHILE PLANES ARE MOVING ?

You can import gifs, jpegs, bmps, and metafiles and paste them anywhere
on the panel. These graphics can be placed under or over whatever
represents your planes.

If your planes are drawn in the picture control, or in a graph, then the
lines can also be drawn there by adding static data to the data
representing the planes.

Greg McKaskle