From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO GET OSCILLISCOPE "Screen Capture" ON THE FRONT-PANEL?????

Hi All,
I have a lot of parameters displayed on the Tektronix Oscilliscope like the trigger level, the frequrncy,CH1 T/Div and probably many others along with the Waveform(obviuosly!).
I need to capture this exact oscilloscope screen on the Front Panel.

Kindly help me out in this!,

regards,
Vikram
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,590 Views)
I don't know anything about your instrument, but the spectrum analyzer I'm using has queries built into the programming syntax to get this kind of information (i.e. "FA?" will cause the analyzer to send out the start frequency). You will need to query the instrument for each parameter, and read the responses to use that information to display in controls and indicators on your front panel.

As far as I know, there isn't any way to capture the screen on an instrument. I know you can print this screen out via the GPIB to a plotter, but, try as I may, I haven't yet located a means to get it into LabVIEW, or even redirect it via the parallel port to a printer. (If anyone reads this, and knows of such a utility or vi, please let us know!)

Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,590 Views)
There are vi's available on the Tektronix web site (http://www.tektronix.com/Measurement/cgi-bin/framed.pl?Document=/Measurement/Support/scopes/software/index.html&FrameSet=oscilloscopes) and the NI site.

I'm using a Tektronix 370A curve tracer and there is a vi available which downloads the CRT to memory when the display mode is set to store. There is probably something similar in the o-scope vi's. (look for "CRT to Mem").
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,590 Views)

Teccor,

The link  provided appears broken to me. It redirects to some default page in tektronix.

I'm in need of the VI to capture screen for Tektronix 370A.

I searched the keywords you suggested, but couldn't get that.

Please let me know if you can share the download link of the VI you mentioned (Which downloads the CRT to memory)

Thanks in advance.

If any others knew the location of download, please help me. 

Regards,

Davidson 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,057 Views)

Vikram,

In my application, I have saved the .set files from the scope, and I send them back to re-setup the scope for the test operator. 

I also parse that saved setup file to set up the graph in my application, sending scale zero and offset information to the graph object paramiters.

You could do the same by reading the .set file out of the scope and parsing it. 

Mike  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,029 Views)

Davidson D wrote:

I'm in need of the VI to capture screen for Tektronix 370A.

Please let me know if you can share the download link of the VI you mentioned (Which downloads the CRT to memory)

If any others knew the location of download, please help me. 

There are LabVIEW drivers for this instrument here.

Download them and install them in the system with LabVIEW. After you install the instrument drivers, there is a vi called printscreen (something similar in its name). Try that and post back if you need more support.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,010 Views)

Mathan, 

Thanks for the quick response.

I couldn't find any screen capture kind of VI. There is a VI to read trace data which gives all the information in the display of the instrument.

I hope this trace data indicated on a LabVIEW graph, can be used to get the image using the graph property.

Will this method work? 

Does this instrument has any programmer's manual?

Pls Note: When i ran the read curve data VI, it gets stuck in GPIB write and doesn't come out at all.

Can you please give some info on how to use this GPIB functions to use this trace data read. 

Thanks in advance. 

Regards,

Davidson 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,002 Views)