LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO GET OSCILLISCOPE "Screen Capture" ON THE FRONT-PANEL?????

Hi All,
I have a lot of parameters displayed on the Tektronix Oscilliscope like the trigger level, the frequrncy,CH1 T/Div and probably many others along with the Waveform(obviuosly!).
I need to capture this exact oscilloscope screen on the Front Panel.

Kindly help me out in this!,

regards,
Vikram
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,465 Views)
Hi Vikram,

The answer to your question depends on the details of your scope. If your scope has the abilityto save the image to memory or floppy and allows reading same, you may be able to pull this off using gpib, if your scope is so-equiped.

Otherwise you will have to resort to readingas much as you can and simulating the screen using LV.

If you need help with VISA you should post to that list.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,465 Views)
Hi Ben,
I have another question. I have been successful in finding 3rd party software for capturing the exact sreen of the oscilloscope. The question is that in Labview can I execute/run this 3rd party software after getting the waveforms on the scope. what exactly I mean is that I run the VI , obtain the waveforms and then in the same block diagram I define some Icon which actually runs/executes the 3rd part software downloaded by specifying the location of the software(say in C:\3rd party software)
Hpoe I am clear in what I mean here.

thanx,
Vikram Malik
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,465 Views)
Hi Vikram,

It depends to large extent on the 3rd party software.

If they provide a,
Command line interface,
DDE interface,
Active-X interface

it should be do-able.

Another thought;
If the 3rd party code can do it, you should be able to do the same thing in LV.

Get the manual for the scope,
or
Use NI-Spy to figure out what commands are being sent to get the image.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,465 Views)