Go to solution

I load new FT_Set_Bit_F3.vi 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(674 Views)

Hi:

(1)

(1) I change the FT_set_BIT_F1.vi

and FT_set_BIT_F3.vi. for connector pane issue.

but, it still have same failure.

(2) I attached the file.

do you think it is good or need change?

(3) also

do i need change the subvi inside FT_set_BIT_F3.vi?

I also attached these subvi file.

like file FT_Create_Device_Info_List.vi

Please let me know how to fix it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(651 Views)

This is my latest one.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(646 Views)

This is my latest one.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(646 Views)

I have this FT_Get_Device_Info_List.vi, In order to match with connector pane.

I create FT_Get_Device_Info_List_Perbr.vi.

but it failure due to mis match connector pane.

I can not removed the 2 connector from original file since it will broken other vi.

how do I resolve this?

see attached file. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(620 Views)

You probably need to make a wrapper VI, so you can use the original with "extended" connector pane as it is, and call the wrapper dynamically with the correct connector pane.

Ideally, the inputs on the connector pane should be a type def-ed cluster. Then you won't have this problem anymore...

Message 16 of 17
(616 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

You probably need to make a wrapper VI, so you can use the original with "extended" connector pane as it is, and call the wrapper dynamically with the correct connector pane.

Ideally, the inputs on the connector pane should be a type def-ed cluster. Then you won't have this problem anymore...

Just to elaborate a bit (as a response to your PM)...

Making a type def cluster is fairly easy. It's probably covered in the free tutorials. Sending you an example of a type deffed cluster would be pointless. You need to learn how to do this.

Making a type def cluster is not going to be an out-of-the-box solution. The framework would need to be changed to accept the type def as input. So that would be a non-trivial change (that might be worth the effort).

What a type def input would solve is that new test VI's are easier to make. When properly implemented, the only requirement would be that the type def needs to there (on the front panel, or on the connector pane). That's easier then what you have now.

As a quick solution to get your new test working, take a working test, save a copy, and delete all code carefully taking care that non of the controls are deleted. Then paste your code in the diagram and re-wire all controls\indicators. Then the connector pane should be the same...

It seems to me you are a bit over your head. Did you inherit this project? Have you looked for documentation?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(564 Views)