LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! myRIO WEB CAMERA PROBLEM!!!

Hi, guys,

I have a critical latency problem when using web camera with myRIO. I tried to connect a web camera with myRIO and see the streaming video. This is an easy implementation, but I have a BIG problem with latency. There are three ways connect myRIO with host PC, and the latency is different when I use different connection and different open method.  Video Resolution: 640 x480 30fps U32 RGB

NI MAX                LabVIEW VI(IMAQdx Grab2)     LabVIEW VI(Vision Acquisition)

Connect with a USB cable      Small latency       Small latency                                  Small latency

Connect to a 2.4GHz WIFI     Small latency        High latency                                   High latency  

Create a WIFI by myRIO        Small latency        High latency                                   High latency

So, the problem is when I connect myRIO wirelessly, then I grab the image with LabVIEW code from the camera occur high latency. However, there is no latency when I grab the image with NI MAX software even connect myRIO wirelessly. Is there any solution that I can connect myRIO wirelessly and see the video with low latency with LabVIEW VI?  I am still wondering why there is a difference between NI MAX and LabVIEW code when I connect myRIO wirelessly. 
These are some web camera demo, but all with huge latency with the wireless connections.
1. Webcam demo: https://learn.ni.com/teach/resources/95/webcam
2. Wireless car: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/myRIO-remote-controlled-vehicle-with-video-streaming...

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,953 Views)

We must know what that latency means. 

Is it that the code in the myRIO is running at a slow rate and then it updates the images slowly in the network? you can benchmark the application to rule out this.

Is it that the cRIO is only publishing some of the images and others are skipped? you could log the images and then compare if this is the case. 

Could you describe more specifically the latency you see? what do you classify as High latency or small latency?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,904 Views)