From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP.... how to delete table's data and...

a problem that make me headache here....
below is a simple VI that i done, i wish to delete those value in the table and also disable the value in the combo box... is it possible?
For example... i choose "b" and insert it into table... can i delete the "b" in the table and disable the "b" in combo box in same time, so make "b" can't be choose again...

Thanks very much if anyone who can solve this problem or share your's opinion with me...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,953 Views)
Hi @

I've taken your VI and modified it to use an event structure such that when you press a "Delete/Disable" button, the last entry in the table is removed and the entry in the combo box is also removed to stop it be selected. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want but it may give you some ideas.
Notice that a feedback node cannot be used in the event case so I use the current table state instead.

Good luck
Message 2 of 10
(2,944 Views)
Instead of using a combo box, using a text ring makes it much easier to disable items in the list. Here is a vi that will do what you want. Also you can delete the last element in the table and make it enabled in the text ring for selecting again.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 3 of 10
(2,938 Views)
woh!!! NeiR & tbob you two really save my life!!!

You two's VI really work great... i think from here i can solve that problem that bother me long time...... actually i just learn about labVIEW around one month only.. so there still got many functions i still don't know to use. Like event case, i still can't understand exactly about it function... and my country here is very hard to find those reference books...

so.... do you all know about the where can i got it?

One more question... is it combo box cannot be disable like text ring?

anyway thanks you two again... you two's VI really help me so much so much!!! ^_^
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,923 Views)
The examples are always a good place to start learning about a new function.
If on the menu bar you go to Help >> Find Examples... ,then click on the "Search" tab at the top and type in a keyword, for example "events". Click on the Search button and a list of examples will be displayed.

As tbob has said you can't disable separate items in a combo box, you can only add or remove them.
If you specifically want to disable them then a text box is the way to go.

Good luck
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,907 Views)
i see... i know the "Find Example" in the labVIEW too.. but are not enough for me 😛

but from this forum i think i can get many example that i need to learn... 🙂

anyway thanks you two again! 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,887 Views)
HI, tbob....

i had tried your example and found after disable the item in text ring it is impossible to to enable them back right? i had tried many way to solve this problem but seem like my skill still not enough to do that...

hope you can help... not only tbob, if anyone know the solution welcome to join here and discuss together! 🙂

Jaxx
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,850 Views)
below is the VI after i modified from tbob's....
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,850 Views)
You can enable whatever has been disabled by wiring to the Disabled Items[] property node. If you previously had elements a,b,c disabled, and now you wish to enable a, just wire b,c to the Disabled Items[] property node. You need to add this to your Remove event. Look at my example again and you will see how it is done.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,827 Views)
thanks your remind tbob... it's work very well! 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,792 Views)