LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor with MyRio

Hello,

I want to use the HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor on MyRio to get an analogue input (doesn't matter if it gives me time or distance). I found many threads that have to do with using Labview FPGA. However, I don't know how to use FPGA and due to the time constraint, I can't learn it now. Is there any way that I can achieve my goal with only using the regular Labview functions?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,617 Views)

HI elie,

Is there any way that I can achieve my goal with only using the regular Labview functions?

Well, LabVIEW FPGA uses "regular" functions…

Other possible solution: Use an Arduino to read your HC-SR04 sensor. There are surely ready-to-use libraries available! then you only need to use some VISA functions to read the Arduino data…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,605 Views)

The problem is using MyRio is one of the reuirements. The professor won't accept Arduino. Anyway I'll try to search for a library available for MyRio. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,602 Views)

Hi elie,

However, I don't know how to use FPGA and due to the time constraint, I can't learn it now.

I think most, if not all, examples for HC-SR04 will use the FPGA of the myRIO…

The professor won't accept Arduino.

So your professor gave you a task - and you have tight "time constraints"?

Either your professor gave you too less time to solve that task or you don't learn as fast as (s)he thinks you should be able to…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,598 Views)