From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide me how to read the data using serial communication protocol

Hi ,

I have done lot of try and search to form communication, but not Happened...Plz guide me.

Protocol have the following Frame format:

Header---Address------Command-----Data-------CRC-----Trailer.

How to establish the communication between Slave and Master?

Is it possible by edit the Modbus based VI ?

Let me know if there is way to do that.

Regards,

Nilesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,648 Views)

You need to be a lot more specific.  What bus are you using?  Is this an exact standard?

At a quick glance, this is looking like a Modbus protocol.  You might want to check out the NI Modbus Library for LabVIEW.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,624 Views)

Actually, it is Proprietary(Company's own Protocol) based on RS485.

Is it possible to communicate Over this Protocol using LabVIEW?

Should we develop or should NI has facility to Provide it if i tell them to implement it by paying amount ?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,538 Views)

@NILESH_MHALIM wrote:

Actually, it is Proprietary(Company's own Protocol) based on RS485.

Ok, you are using an RS-485 bus.  That should just show up as a COM port on your computer.  You will want to use VISA to communicate over this bus.  What you need to do is build up the message into a string and then write the data to the port.  Take a look at the Simple Serial Write Read example.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,524 Views)